June 30, 2008

New Image of a Bi-Lobed Zenker's Diverticulum Posted


A new image of a patient who had a bi-lobed Zenker's Diverticulum has been posted to our website. This patient underwent endoscopic staple diverticulostomy successfully by Dr. Chang to eliminate symptoms of food regurgitation after swallowing.
Fauquier blog
Fauquier ENT

Dr. Christopher Chang is a private practice otolaryngology, head & neck surgeon specializing in the treatment of problems related to the ear, nose, and throat. Located in Warrenton, VA about 45 minutes west of Washington DC, he also provides inhalant allergy testing/treatment, hearing tests, and dispenses hearing aids.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I had ESD by DR. Shure 3 years ago. I was having pre-op work up for Gastric Sleeve Surgery and my Zenkers came back in the same area that had been repaired but it was Bi-lobed and there is also a stricture at the lower esophageal junction. I am going back to Duke to have this repaired as I have had aspiration pneumonia several times before. I see that you use PPI's, however I was not advised to do so when I was discharged. I just can't believe this is happening again to me. I am a Family NP and I'm quite anxious about a second repair. I had no symptoms before the Upper GI. I couldn't believe what I was seeing. I knew the percent of recurrence was low and I really don't know when it started again.


Banner Map

Pediatric Neck Masses

Adult Neck Mass Workup