Injection Snoreplasty Offered! A Less Costly Way to Cure Snoring!
We now offer a less costly alternative surgical procedure to significantly reduce and even cure snoring. This procedure is known as injection snoreplasty. This procedure is done under local anesthesia in our office and consists of a single injection into the palate right above the uvula. That's it! Approximately 70-80% of patients report significant improvement in snoring. 50% do require a second injection for maximum benefit.
Best of all, it is effective yet less costly than more expensive alternative surgical procedures to address snoring... less expensive than the Pillar Procedure (cost ~$1500), coblation palatoplasty (cost ~$1000), uvula excision (cost ~$500), etc.
Please call our office for an appointment to see if you are a candidate for this innovative procedure.
References regarding this procedure are provided below with links.
• Single dose injection snoreplasty: investigation or treatment? J Laryngol Otol. 2008 Nov;122(11):1190-3. Link
• Radiofrequency versus injection snoreplasty in simple snoring. Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2005 Aug;133(2):224-8. Link
• Injection snoreplasty: investigation of alternative sclerotherapy agents. Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2004 Jan;130(1):47-5. Link
• Injection snoreplasty: extended follow-up and new objective data. Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2003 May;128(5):605-15. Link
• Injection snoreplasty: how to treat snoring without all the pain and expense. Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2001 May;124(5):503-10. Link