Crowne Plaza hotels have debuted on a trial basis specially designed hotel rooms to absorb the sounds of snoring. These hotel rooms utilize many different methods to accomplish this including:
- Sound proofing on walls to absorb the loud frequencies, deflect the sound waves and minimise the impact of snoring. The walls use egg box style foam which reduces the noise reverberating in the room
- A specially designed sound absorbing head board that will work together with the sound proof walling to muffle the echo within the room
- An anti-snoring bed wedge which acts as a body pillow, encouraging snoring guests to sleep on their sides or upright. Lying flat on your back makes the base of the tongue and soft palate collapse to the back wall of the throat which causes snoring
- An anti-snoring pillow which uses rare neodymium magnets to create a natural magnetic field, opening the airways and stiffening the upper palate which vibrates during snoring
- A white noise machine which is proven to help drown out the droning snoring noise and help sleep and relaxation
Of course, there are a variety of surgical methods that can potentially cure a person's snore to make such rooms unnecessary.
Read more about these rooms here.
Read more about snoring treatments here.